Vanilla Cupcakes are one of my children’s all time favourites, (actually I love these too!)
Every birthday that’s what they ask for, so out comes the trusty mixer and a double batch of these amazing sugar free vanilla cupcakes gets whipped up and made into either vanilla cupcakes, mini vanilla cupcakes or one large vanilla cake, depending on the wishes of the birthday boy or girl.
I love this recipe, it is simple and quick, using ingredients that most of us have on hand, but delivers a moist light fluffy vanilla cupcake that still tastes great a few days later, if you happen to have any left!! (if I hide them!!!)
While many vanilla cupcake recipes use only egg whites, I decided (after lots of cupcake trials) that I preferred the flavor that the whole egg gives to the cupcakes, plus I hate the idea of wasting food!!!
I know, I know !!!! you can use the yolk for another recipe, but more often than not, I put the extra yolks in the fridge with great intentions of using them, only to end up having to feed them to the dog!!!
Not the way I want to use up my lovely free range eggs, that my chickens work so hard to produce.
If you are wanting a whiter vanilla cupcake you can choose to just use the egg whites.
Top with your favourite frosting/icing, or try this yummy recipe frosting
This is a perfect recipe for birthdays as they can be made the day before and still taste fabulous the next day, saving you rushing around on the day of the party.
- 125 g butter, softened
- 3\4 cup Dextrose
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup plain or vanilla yoghurt or sour cream (I love using vanilla yoghurt)
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Dry Ingredients
- 1½ Cup flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 160C/320 F and line a cupcake tray with 15 liners
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add the dextrose and beat until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat for another minute.
- Add the yoghurt or sour cream, milk and vanilla extract and mix well
- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda and stir to combine
- Sift the flour mix into the creamed ingredients and gently fold together until no flour can be seen,
- Do not overmix
- Divide batter among 15 cup cake liners, fill ¾ full
- Cook in a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes
- Allow to go cold before frosting and ice/frost with your favourite or try our link in the recipe