Who said that sugar free had to mean not having the delicious sweet treats every now and again.
This caramel sauce is SO rich and decadent , no one would guess that it is refined sugar free.
Furthermore, it’s so quick and easy to whip up and only requires a few ingredients.
It tastes A-MAZ-ING drizzled over this sugar free vanilla ice cream and as a filling in this gooey caramel sauce , or drizzled over a homemade Caramel Macchiato and my beautiful Mum makes a delicious ginger cake with caramel drizzle that this would be perfect for.
The fact is, this sauce tastes fabulous with ANYTHING, my kids love licking spoonful’s of it as I am making it.
This recipe only makes a small quantity but feel free to double, triple or even quadruple it to suit your quantity requirements.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. You will need to warm the bottle or jar that the caramel is stored in slightly to make it a nice pourable consistency. (I do this by standing it in a jug of hot water for a few minutes)
If you would like a dairy free option, replace the cream with coconut cream.
Check out this chocolate fudge sauce, it is divine!
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- ½ cup powdered glucose (we use/recommend dextrose)
- 1 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place dextrose and half of the butter in a saucepan over medium/high heat
- Stir until the dextrose and butter is melted and turned a lovely golden colour ( 5 minutes)
- stir in the rest of the butter and allow to melt
- Pour in the cream and vanilla extract and stir until thoroughly combined
- remove from heat and allow to cool
- use as required or place in a screw top jar in the refrigerator
1 Reply to "Homemade Caramel Sauce"
Sugar Free Caramel Sauce - Yum Goggle August 26, 2016 (2:16 pm)