This chocolate wheat slice recipe is so quick and easy to whip up and taste so YUMMY!
This chocolate slice is one of my go to quick and easy recipes for when I need something “treaty” in the kids school lunchboxes.
Even though we avoid fructose I still think it is nice for the children to have something that they consider yummy to have at school. I grew up having the most delicious home baking every school day and it is something I don’t want my children to miss out on.
And as the old saying goes, everything in moderation and because we are replacing the sugar with powdered glucose (which the body know how to use effectively) these treats are made a little bit healthier, and before the haters get on board, I am not saying it is HEALTHY, we are just happier that it does not contain white sugar!
I use gluten free wheat biscuits, but normal wheat biscuits are also fine, or you can use crushed up cornflakes, just remember to check the sugar levels and try to get under 5grams per 100grams.
If you are needing other quick easy slice recipes try these Gooey Caramel Slice or No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Slice or No Bake Almond Coconut Bars to name a few.
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 180g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup of wheat breakfast biscuits (weetbix or cornflakes) crushed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup powdered glucose (we use/recommend dextrose)
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup powdered glucose
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- hot water to reach desired consistency (I normally use 1/3 cup)
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Line a slice tray with parchment/baking paper
- Sift dry ingredients together into a bowl,
- Melt butter and add to dry ingredients along with vanilla, mix until thoroughly combined
- Press mixture into a lined slice pan and bake at 180 C for 15-20 minutes until firm.
- Allow to cool and then ice with chocolate icing and sprinkle with coconut.
- Once icing is set, cut into desired shapes and store in an airtight container.
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl, making sure to sift the cocoa
- Add small amounts of hot water until desired consistency is reached about 1/3 cup
- Mix well and smooth over slice
No Replies to "Chocolate Wheat Slice"