If you have not tried cauliflower rice, you really should. Not only is it super quick and easy to make, It’s zero Weight Watchers Points Plus, Low-Carb, South Beach diet friendly, Paleo, Primal , plus it gives you that extra serve of vegetables to make up your 5 a day.
I love cauliflower, it is so amazingly versatile, you can pretty much use it in ANY recipe, from pizza bases, sushi rice, pasta sauces, brownie and cakes, the options are limitless.
We use cauliflower a lot to replace potatoes, white rice and white flour, my favourite would have to be Creamy Cauliflower Mash, it really is so delicious and feels like comfort food at its best, but it’s good for you!
It is quite surprising that when cauliflower is cooked, it really takes on any flavour you want it to have, even people who think that they don’t like cauliflower will love some of the delights you can whip up using cauliflower.
There are many different options for cooking your cauliflower rice, you can microwave it for a 1 minute or lightly bake it in the oven or dry fry it, which is what I prefer to do.
You can freeze the extra uncooked rice, you will just need to squeeze out any moisture once defrosted.
- ½ a head of a large cauliflower (more or less as you require)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, olive oil or butter
- food processor
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut or pull off sections of flowerets from the cauliflower
- Place in your food processor and pulse until it resembles grains of rice
- Heat about 1 teaspoon of oil or butter in a fry pan over medium heat
- Fry for around 4-5 minutes making sure to move the cauliflower rice around to avoid sticking or burning
- You are technically dry frying and this is to remove as much of the moisture from the cauliflower as possible
- Once cooked season with salt and pepper
No Replies to "Easy Cauliflower Rice"