This Peri Peri Chicken Pizza has to be one of our favourite pizzas, only if you like spicy though!!
Weekends are normally “takeaway nights” and since being sugar free, we always make the “takeaways” ourselves.
It’s generally either pizza night or Burger Night, the whole family is involved, and everyone custom makes their own pizza or burger exactly how we like them, the kids are pretty proud of their creations.
This is our go to pizza, (not the kids) and one that we generally find hard to beat, the addition of the healthy vegetables might put you off, but seriously with all the peri peri you can’t even taste them, but you are still getting all the nutrients that they have to offer and I am all for that!
This pizza is so yummy, and way better for you than the horrible brought ones, it is also very quick and easy if you use ready-made pizza bases.
Use more or less hot sauce depend on your palate and you can top with sour cream before serving to help mellow out the heat.
Try this Herb & Garlic Pizza Bread
- 1 large thin crust pizza base (or make your own)
- 1 tablespoon of peri peri sauce or similar hot sauce
- ½ red onion finely sliced
- ½ red capsicum
- 1 cup of chopped cooked chicken (we use smoked chicken breast)
- ¼ cup finely chopped broccoli (food processor)
- handful of baby spinach and kale mix
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- Spread the peri peri sauce on the pizza base
- add red onion, chicken, broccoli and capsicum
- scatter over the spinach and kale and top with cheese
- Bake in the oven as per directions on the pizza base package
- sprinkle with cilantro/coriander to serve (optional)