This delicious marinated beef & broccoli stir fry is made so flavoursome with the beef marinating in the sauce overnight the flavours are intensified and the beef so tender.
I normally whip up the sauce in the evening while the kids are getting organised for bed, coat the beef with it and let it marinate for 11 hours and then dinner is so quick and easy, but soooooo yummy.
Delicious served with cauliflower rice or noodles.
Feel free to add any extra vegetables you like.
- 400 grams beef steak,
- ½ a large head of broccoli
- 1 spring onion
- 4 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons oil sesame or peanut
- ⅛ cup apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- cornflour or arrowroot to thicken
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a small saucepan
- Heat on medium low until everything is throughly combined
- Allow to cool
- Slice you beef into strips or cubes
- pour marinade over the beef and stir to coat throughly
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or preferably overnight.
- Heat oil in wok or frypan and stir fry beef and broccoli until cooked through
- Thicken with cornflour/arrowroot as required
- Stir through chopped spring onion just before serving