Delicious moist sugar free blueberry muffins, with a subtle hint of vanilla and almond…
For me, there is nothing worse than a dry muffin, the amount of times that I have met a friend at a café and ordered a muffin (pre sugar free days) only to be totally disappointed with the dry horrible, probably left over from yesterday (or 2 days ago) muffin!!!
These sugar free blueberry muffins might not win any beauty competitions but one thing they are NOT is dry!!
They have a lovely flavour and are so moist thanks to the addition of the lovely thick natural yoghurt packed full of probiotics and not to mention the wonderful goodness of the amazing plump blueberries, makes them healthy right?? ha, who am I trying to kid!
Enjoy as they are or top with your favourite icing/frosting
- 125 g butter, softened
- 3\4 cup Dextrose
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup plain or vanilla yoghurt or sour cream (I love using vanilla yoghurt)
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Dry Ingredients
- 11/2 C selfraising flour
- 11/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 160 C (320 F) and line a cupcake tray with 12 liners
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy
- Add the dextrose gradually and beat for 2-3 minutes
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour in the yoghurt or sour cream, milk, vanilla and almond extract and mix well
- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda and stir to combine
- Add the flour mix to the creamed ingredients and gently fold together until no flour can be seen,
- mix in blueberries
- do not overmix
- Divide batter among 12 cup cake liners, or muffin pans
- Cook in a preheated oven for 20 mins
- Allow to go cold before frosting