Overnight oats are one of the greatest ideas that have been doing the rounds on the internet for the last few years, and this strawberry overnight oats is no exception!
I absolutely love them, they are so quick and easy, the flavour combinations are virtually endless and they make busy mornings so much more relaxed.
If those reasons are not enough to make you try overnight oats, just let me tell you they are delicious! Think dessert for breakfast, delicious! but oh so healthy and nutritious.
My daughter (aged 9) LOVES this strawberry overnight oats and often requests it for either breakfast or a substantial after school snack before jazz practise.
This strawberry overnight oats is more than just a breakfast, have it as a light lunch, snack or healthy dessert. Enjoy it at home or on the go!
If you want to try more delicious overnight oats recipes try these Blueberry Overnight Oats or Apple Crumble Overnight Oats or Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
This overnight oats makes 1 large serve or 2 smaller serves.
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup of milk of your choice
- 3 tablespoons sugar free vanilla yoghurt (optional)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- put rolled oats and chia seeds into a bowl and pour over ½ cup of your choice of milk
- leave to soak for at least 1 hour or overnight
- if using frozen strawberries leave out to defrost
- using a stick blender, blitz your strawberries until smooth
- Once your oats and chia seeds have soaked up most of the milk you can start layering
- alternate layers of strawberries and oats until all your mixture is finished