I love this slow cooker Malaysian Beef Curry, it is so delicious, but really takes SO LITTLE time.
The list of spices might seem very long (yes I used to be the person who would not cook something if the ingredients list was full of things I did not have and probably would not use again.) But if you need to leave 1 or 2 out of the smaller amounts it won’t affect the flavour too much. Asides from the long list of spices the recipe is really simple.
The other thing I love about this slow cooker Malaysian Beef Curry is that we generally have leftovers and I love making these yummy Beef Curry Pies, because once you have the beef curry mixture already prepared and cold in your fridge your Beef Curry Pies only take about 10 minutes to throw together and I LOVE THAT! If you feel up to it try making your own puff pastry using this really Easy Rough Puff Pastry recipe.
We love spicy food, and this Beef Curry we generally make pretty hot, but you can adjust the amount to suit your own tastes. The beef curry is delicious served with brown rice and this Quick & Easy Roti
Notes If you need to leave out 1 or 2 of the smaller amounts of spices, because you don’t have them, that’s fine.
- 500g - 1kg stewing beef
- 2 Tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 fresh chilli or( 1-2 teaspoons of chilli powder to desired hotness)
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 onions
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can of coconut milk
- ¾ cup water or stock/broth
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 cups of chopped vegetables of your choice (I use pumpkin, red pepper, broccoli, carrots)
- cornflour/arrowroot to thicken
- fresh coriander(cilantro) and plain yoghurt to serve
- Chop your beef into cubes and put into a frying pan with a bit of oil
- Add the first five spices to the beef and stir until beef is well coated in spices
- Cook until the meat is slightly browned, place in your slow cooker
- Cook onions in frying pan until starting to soften. Place in the slow cooker
- Add the rest of the ingredients, apart from Cornflour or Arrowroot and any vegetables that do not take long to cook (ie, broccoli, red pepper, leafy greens etc)
- Cook for 8 hours on low
- mins before serving mix up the cornflour/arrowroot according to directions on packet and thicken to your thicken to your desired level.
- Serve with your favourite grain and sprinkle with cilantro and a dollop of yoghurt
No Replies to "Slow Cooker Malaysian Beef Curry"