This satay chicken & broccoli is so yummy but does require a little bit of thought in advance, as the sauce tastes its best when allowed to sit for at least 10 hours (overnight) so the flavours can develop and intensify.
The list of ingredients looks long, but you just have to throw everything in a small saucepan and stir until it’s thoroughly combined.
I either mix it up the night before or in the morning and then you’re good to go come dinner time!
Feel free to add any extra vegetables you wish.
And if you are a vegetarian, this would taste delicious with a mixed selection of vegetables and tofu.
Try these other yummy recipes Marinated Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry or try our sugar free Hoisin Sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- ½ - 1 fresh red chilli (optional)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 head of broccoli
- cilantro/coriander to serve
- In a saucepan combine all the ingredients other than chicken,broccoli & cilantro
- Heat over low heat until peanut butter softens
- Whisk to combine and make sure sauce is smooth and creamy
- leave for at least an hour,but preferable overnight, to allow the flavours to really develop.
- Once ready to use, bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to low and thicken with cornflour/arrowroot as desired.
- Slice chicken and broccoli into bite sized pieces and stir fry
- Once cooked pour over satay sauce and mixed until thoroughly combined.
- Serve with rice or cauliflower rice and sprinkle with cilantro/coriander