These sugar free Pumpkin Spice Muffins & donuts are YUMMY!
Pumpkin would have to be one of my favourite vegetables along with cauliflower because of its sheer versatility.
I love pumpkin in any meal from risotto, cannelloni, lasagna or salads the options for savoury dishes are endless but here are a few recipes we use pumpkin for, try Gluten Free Fish Pie or roasted pumpkin soup.
You can also create wonderful delicious baking and desserts , like pumpkin pie or these Pumpkin Spice Donuts with Vanilla Glaze, DELISH!! not too many other vegetables offer that. What better way to incorporate more nutritious vegetables into our diets.
Then there is the often overlooked healthy benefits of pumpkin, it is a great source of the antioxidant Beta Carotene, protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins A & C, magnesium,potassium, zinc, fibre and if that is not enough to convince you it’s also low in calories! AMAZING!!! Yah lets eat more pumpkin muffins!!! Just kidding!
Serves as is or top with a vanilla glaze, make as muffins or donuts.
Notes – Use canned or fresh cooked pumpkin
- 3\4 Cup Milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1\4 cup Powdered Glucose (We used/recommend Dextrose)
- 1 cup of mashed pumpkin
- 120g butter (softened)
- 1\4 cup of vanilla or plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1\4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg & ground ginger
- ½ ground cloves
- Preheat your oven to 170C/338F
- Combine all of the wet ingredients in your food processor and blend until smooth
- Sift all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and then pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold through (do not overmix)
- Grease a muffin, or donut pan
- muffins or fill to about 3\4 full or to the top of the pan if you like the "muffin top" look
- donuts only fill just over half way up the donut pan
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for 22 mins