This Creamy smooth delicious pumpkin soup with such a depth of flavour, from the roasted vegetables, is just the thing to warm and nourish you on a cold Winters day.
I have always liked pumpkin soup, actually anything with pumpkin I love, it is just such a wonderfully versatile vegetable.
My kids also enjoy pumpkin soup and prior to being sugar free we would always have a few cans of it in the cupboard as a standby for a quick lunch or dinner.
However as with most canned and package foods. it had too much sugar, so the only solution is to make homemade.
As a result, I do have to be a bit more organised, but I’m all good with that, if it insures that myself and my family are eating real meals, without all the hidden additives. You can double this recipe and freeze in serving sized amounts, then all you have to do is defrost and reheat, perfect for busy days!
If you don’t have time to roast the vegetables, just cook them until soft in the stock/broth, but it will change the overall flavour
If you like soup, try this Bacon Hock & Vegetable Soup
- ½ large grey crown pumpkin
- 1 large carrot
- 2 onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 cups chicken stock/broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup cream or milk
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin & turmeric
- cut pumpkin, carrots and onions into cubes
- place pumpkin, carrots and onions into baking tray with a drizzle of olive oil
- remove skin from garlic and wrap in tin foil
- Roast until vegetables are fully cooked
- Place roasted pumpkin, carrots onions and garlic into large soup pot
- Add stock/broth, butter, salt, cumin and turmeric
- Bring to a slow boil and then reduce heat to medium low
- Blitz with a stick blender until completely smooth
- stir in cream or milk adding extra until desired consistency is achieved
No Replies to "Roasted Pumpkin Soup"