These sugar free no bake chocolate chia bites are very yummy, and made a little bit better for you with the addition of rolled oats and chia seeds.
They are quick and easy to whip up and only require one medium size saucepan, so washing up is a breeze.
This slice is very versatile as with most of the things I like to make, you can add all sorts of healthy additions such as sunflower and pumpkin seeds, chopped nuts or LSA, change the peanut butter to any other nut butter or even coconut butter would be delicious.
Keep in the fridge for up to a week.
The recipe says cook time 1 hour – Obviously it is No Bake, – This is setting time in the fridge.
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup powdered glucose (we use/recommend dextrose)
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- ¼ cup white or black chia seeds
- Line a loaf tin with baking/parchment paper
- in a medium sized saucepan combine peanut butter, dextrose, coconut oil, heat over low heat until coconut oil is melted and peanut butter is softened, mix well to combine,
- Add in cocoa and mix well
- Then add in coconut, rolled oats and vanilla if using and mix until thoroughly combined
- press into your prepared loaf tin and sprinkling the top with chia seeds, press with parchment paper so the chia seeds press into the mix slightly.
- refrigerate for 1 hour