This hot fudge sauce really is the best, it is so YUMMY, chocolatey and delicious. The addition of the dark chocolate really creates a silky decadent hot fudge sauce that tastes so luxurious.
Who doesn’t love a great hot fudge sauce and this recipe is so quick and easy to put together and it uses basic pantry items that everyone generally has on hand (aside from the dark chocolate) but if you haven’t got any, just leave it out, it will still taste great,
The amount of dark chocolate is totally dependant on whether you like dark chocolate or not, we use chocolate with 90% cocoa solids, but as long as your chocolate is at least 70% coco solids it’s still a healthy option.
Once you have made your hot fudge sauce you can use it straight away, but if you leave it for an hour or so it will really thicken up and be fudgy and delicious!
We use this hot fudge sauce with our Ice cream sundae and Chocolate Fudge Milkshake and it is divine. You can also use it for a chocolate topping on slices and biscuits as it will go firm when refrigerated .
Notes – if you want to make a bigger batch just double the recipe, refrigerate until required, you will need to heat it gently to make it pourable as it goes hard in the fridge.
- ⅓ cup Powdered Glucose (We used/recommend Dextrose)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa
- 3 Tablespoon milk
- 2 Tablespoon pouring cream
- 25 - 40 grams dark chocolate (optional) (70% cocoa solids minimum)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Combine , dextrose, butter, cocoa, milk and cream in a small saucepan
- Heat on a low gentle heat until the butter has melted and whisk to combine
- turn up to medium heat and continue to stir until the mixture is shiny and smooth
- Add chocolate if using and stir until melted
- Continue to whisk mix until smooth and shiny
- Remove from heat and add vanilla if using