My kids (aged 5 & 9) used to love flavoured milk, strawberry, chocolate or banana were their favourites, whenever we went to the supermarket a carton of their desired flavour was chosen and that was their treat.
I knew they had added sugar from the flavourings, but reasoned that at least they were having milk for the calcium content and of course it was much better than fizzy drinks.
When we went sugar free of course the flavoured milks had to go, but rather than make my kids feel like they were missing out, I starting making my own.
This chocolate fudge milkshake is yummy and is much better for you than store brought Chocolate Milk, but it is not something to have all the time and should be saved for a special treat.
If you are wanting a quick healthy option, try this Healthy Chocolate Thick shake
Notes – If you cannot tolerate dairy, substitute your favourite milk.
The recipe below is a decadent treat that takes a little time with having to make the chocolate fudge sauce, if you are after a super quick option try this quick chocolate milk.
Quick chocolate Milk –
Makes 2 large glasses
1 Tablespoon cocoa
1 Tablespoon dextrose
2 Cups of milk
Blend on high speed for 2 minutes
You will need to drink this as soon as its served otherwise the cocoa separates and sinks to the bottom.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 10 grams dark chocolate
- ¼ cup dextrose
- 2 cups of milk of your choice
- Place all ingredients, apart from the 2 cups of milk, into a small saucepan and heat over low heat until butter and chocolate is melted.
- Stir well to combine.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly
- Drizzle a tablespoon full of the fudge sauce down the sides of your chosen glasses
- In a blender combine the 3 cups of milk and the rest of the fudge sauce
- Blend until smooth and creamy
- pour into your glasses and enjoy
No Replies to "Chocolate Fudge Milkshake"