If you are a peanut butter lover, you really have to make your own sugar-free homemade peanut butter. Not only does it taste much better, you can control exactly what goes into it and customize it.
You might like lightly roasted peanuts, or dark roasted peanuts, no salt, a bit of salt, a bit of sweetener or no sweetener!!!
However you like your peanut butter, this recipe is SO SIMPLE, SO EASY and REAL YUMMY, we are one family that will never buy store brought peanut butter ever again.
The only trick to make this into delicious creamy peanut butter is to keep that food processor working until the magic happens.
Stop to scrape down the sides, then processing until the natural oils are released and you end up with lovely creamy peanut butter.
The peanuts will look all crumbly and you will think “this is NEVER going to work! what IS she talking about” !! but I promise you, just keep processing, it might take a while!!
I have added step by step photos so you can see that your crumbly mess WILL become smooth peanut butter.
It generally takes me around 25 minutes of processing to produce the end result. The time it takes will depend greatly on your food processor.
The first time you make your own peanut butter, just check on it to see how long it takes. The next time you can just press start and leave it.
I just put mine out in the laundry and shut the door (mine’s very noisy when going) and leave it for 20 minutes to do it thing.
We always have smooth peanut butter because that’s what we all prefer, but if you like crunchy, just scoop out a few tablespoons of roughly chopped peanuts after you start your food processor and then mix in at the end.
Try your homemade peanut butter in this No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Slice or this Sugar free Hoisin Sauce
Using blanched peanuts will save you a lot of time and mess.
Please note this can be pretty hard on the motor of your food processor if it does not have a powerful motor.
- Blanched or natural peanuts
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Salt (optional and to taste)
- Place peanuts on a baking tray and bake in a medium oven until starting to brown
- remove peanuts from oven and place in your food processor along with salt if using.
- Run your processor until you have smooth creamy peanut butter, stopping every now and then to scrape down the sides of the food processor.
- Amount of peanuts is subject to how much peanut butter would want, if it's your first time trying to make homemade peanut butter, just start out with a 1-2 cups of peanuts just to see how you go.
No Replies to "Homemade Peanut Butter"