Its raining today and feels like winter is fast approaching, so a delicious warm wrap is what I feel like.
We have been soooo lucky here in NZ the weather has been fantastic, but today, although not cold feels like I need to have some lovely warm comfort food and that’s when I turn to my real yummy delicious warm wrap.
Last night we had my delicious slow roasted lamb so what better way to use up the leftovers (I’m a big fan of not wasting food, but that’s a whole other post!!) Anyway the lamb was perfect in the delicious and not to mention healthy wrap oozing in a mixture of sauces and cheesy yumminess.
This wrap can be made and eaten cold which would be equally as yummy on a hot day, but I was after something to satisfy my craving for WARM YUMMINESS.
So out came my trustee sandwich press, although I have to be careful not to burn my hands, as the handle broke off after I accidentally knocked it off the shelf one day!!!! Whoops.
These are another great invention, and can transform numerous things into warm delicious delights, It transformed my cold wrap, into the awesome warm cheesy goodness I was craving.
If you don’t have left over lamb, just use what ever cooked meat you have available.
Leave out the meat for a vegetarian option.
- 1 Wrap (tortilla)
- ¾ cup of your desired meat
- ½ tablespoon of mayonnaise or Aioli (we love garlic aioli)
- ½ tablespoon of sugar free tomato relish
- 3 slices red onion finely sliced
- 4 slices of cheese
- 1 handful of lettuce, baby kale or baby spinach
- Spread Aioli and tomato relish onto wrap
- Add meat ,onion ,cheese, lettuce onto one side of wrap
- Fold over wrap and put into sandwich press
- Cook until starts to get brown on top or cheese is melted