This crunchy Thai chicken salad is delicious and is one of my go to meals whenever I feel like I need a boost of healthy raw vegetables. Plus it’s so quick and easy to throw together. It’s a perfect dinner for hot summer nights!
The addition of the crispy noodles and the peanuts gives the salad a really lovely textural element, you can use any of your favourite dressings, but I really love the Thai flavours that the dressing gives this salad.
As with most things I like to make, this salad is very customisable and you can choose the vegetables your prefer to eat raw. If you really want to ramp up the flavours try marinating your meat in the some of the dressing to really intensify the flavour or just pour it over and toss the salad prior to serving.
This is also a great way to use up any leftover roast chicken, just shred the meat and toss through the salad
If you are a vegetarian, swapping out the chicken for tofu would be just as delicious.
- 250 grams chicken (either precooked or thin breast meat)
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 spring onion
- ½ a large carrot (shredded)
- ½ a red capsicum finely sliced
- 1 medium sized tomato diced
- 1 large handful of cilantro (coriander)
- ¼ of a telegraph cucumber (cut into thin fingers)
- I cup of crunchy precooked noodles
- ½ a red chilli (finely chopped)
- ⅛ cup crushed peanuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons of Thai Panang Curry paste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- juice of 1 small lemon
- thin with water if required
- To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl or screw top jar and shake or stir until thoroughly combined
- if you want to marinate your chicken meat, spread 1 teaspoon of dressing over your chicken and allow to set for at least 2 hours
- Either use a julienne peeler or knife and cut all your vegetables into thin strips
- Roughly chop the cilantro (coriander)
- Dice the tomato
- Finely chop the red chilli and the spring onion
- Place all your raw vegetables in the bowl and toss to combine
- if you are needing to cook your chicken do that in a fry pan on a medium low heat, until cooked through
- Once you are ready to serve, toss chicken, noodles and dressing through the raw vegetables
- Serve and enjoy