Our Kids love fish bites but the store brought ones often have all sorts of horrible things added into the mix.
Fresh fish is so good for us, so making fish bites with fresh fish is the ONLY way to go, and by adding the sugar-free cornflake crunchy coating, your kids will LOVE them.
Cutting up the fish into bite size pieces makes it super kid friendly, but if you have older kids or don’t have kids just crumb the whole fillet.
This is more of an idea than a recipe, as a feels little much lighter than traditional breadcrumbs and gives people a gluten-free option, just make sure your corn flakes are sugar-free.
I have not put amounts of fish as you have the best idea of how much fish you and your family will eat, if you need to increase the amount of corn flakes, do so
The cooking of the fish will depend on the type of fish you end up using, just keep an eye on it
- your favour fresh fish fillets (amount as required)
- 1 -2 cups gluten sugar free cornflakes
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¾ rice flour
- butter or oil for frying (you can bake if preferred)
- chop you fish fillets into required size
- Using a food processor blitz your cornflakes until they are fine crumbs
- Whisk egg and 1 tablespoon water in a shallow dish
- Place cornflake crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Place flour in shallow dish, Coat fish in flour, shake off excess
- Dip in egg mix
- Roll in cornflake crumbs
- Bake in the oven or pan fried in a little butter about 6 mins depending on type of fish