This Beer Bread is so simple it’s almost embarrassing.
This has to be the quickest way of making your own bread, without having to muck around kneading and waiting for dough to rise etc. It is not your traditional light fluffy loaf of bread, but it is full of flavour and oh so delicious warm straight out of the oven with lashings of butter Yummy!!!!!
You can also customise it with whatever flavours you enjoy, I generally add a tablespoon of mixed herbs and some parmesan cheese.
Best enjoyed warm fresh from the oven, but if you have leftovers just warm it slightly to freshen.
Notes – obviously the flavour of the beer influences the taste of the bread, we use lager.
- 330 mls of beer
- 3 cups of self raising flour
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs (optional)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- preheat your oven to 350 F/170C
- grease a loaf tin
- Sift your flour twice into a large bowl
- Pour in beer and butter and extras if using
- mix until well combined
- tip into your loaf tin and sprinkle with extra herbs
- Bake for 1 hour