Delicious moist sugar free banana muffins, these are quick to whip up and taste real yummy!
I generally don’t have a lot of bananas that have gone past their best for eating, because we love adding frozen bananas to our smoothies. So before our bananas have any chance of becoming over ripe, they are sliced up and free flowed in the freezer ready to elevate our smoothie to thick creamy & delicious.
But this week I had two bananas that were too far gone for smoothies, so I decide today was the day for yummy banana muffins. The key for any good banana muffin or cake is to make sure the bananas are VERY overripe (skin starting to brown)
These are yummy as they are, or for a special treat frost/ice with your favourite topping.
Check out these other real yummy sugar free muffins Sugar Free Blueberry Muffins or Vanilla &Feijoa Muffins or Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- 2-3 over ripe bananas
- 11/2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup powdered glucose (we use/recommend dextrose)
- 2 eggs
- 125g softened butter
- ½ cup thick natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 170C/338F
- Prepare your muffin trays (spray or line with cupcake papers)
- soften butter and beat with dextrose until light and creamy
- add eggs beating well to combine
- add bananas, vanilla, yoghurt and mix well
- sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices and mix well
- Sift again as you add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
- Fold together until no flour is visible in mixture (do not overmix)
- spoon into your muffin pans ¾ full
- Bake for 18- 20 minutes (depending on your oven)
- Cool on rack - Ice once cool or enjoy plain
2 Replies to "Banana Muffins"
Ava August 1, 2016 (12:55 pm)
Amanda August 1, 2016 (1:07 pm)