This enchilada sauce is so quick and easy, but tastes amazing and blows any store-brought rubbish out of the water!
This really should be called Your Go To Spicy Tomato Sauce, because it would be a shame to only use it when you are having enchiladas as it would be perfect over pasta or anytime you need a tomato based sauce and if you don’t want it spicy leave the chili out altogether.
This freezes really well so if you like it, make a double or even triple batch and freeze it so next time you need it all you need to do is defrost and you are good to go. Just as quick as take out, but way better for you!
I made pulled pork enchiladas a while back, mainly to use up the leftover Slow Cooker Pulled Pork we had with roast vegetables the night before. They were AWESOME so I will post that recipe soon.
If you like making your own sauces try these Sugar Free Satay Sauce or Caramelized Onion & Tomato Sauce or Sugar Free Sweet Chili Sauce or Healthy Creamy Carbonara Sauce
Yields 1.5 cups
5 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 400g can of tomatoes
- 1 cup of chicken stock/broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of dried mixed herbs
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 2 prunes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander/cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground chili powder (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan
- Bring to the boil and boil for 3-5 minutes
- reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened
- You can thicken with a small amount of corn flour/arrowroot if you need to
- Using a stick blender, blitz the sauce until smooth
- Use with enchiladas, pasta or however you wish
Double or triple recipe and freeze
No Replies to "Awesome Enchilada Sauce"