This apple crumble overnight oats is DELICIOUS, it really is like having dessert for breakfast, although it is a very healthy and nutritious start to your day, enjoy cold or warm for a luxurious breakfast on a cold winters day.
Preparing this the night before makes your morning easy and relaxed, and you know we all need that!
It might seem like a bit of mucking around stewing the apple, but I just put it on low while I am cleaning up after dinner and by the time I am finished the apple is done. You can just grate the apple rather than stewing it, but it will change the overall flavour
this is delicious served warm on a cold morning, really does feeling like you are starting your day with dessert!! but it is just as good cold.
Great as a sugar free healthy dessert
- 1 apple stewed
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup natural yoghurt with live cultures
- finely slice apple and place in a small sauce pan with ¼ cup water over medium low heat
- Cook until apple is soft
- add spices and stir allow to cool
- Add vanilla, milk, oats, chia seeds and blitz with a stick mixer
- Refrigerate overnight
- in the morning ( heat if wanting it warm) then layer with yoghurt and sprinkle with extra cinnamon