This marshmallow fudge surprise is another no bake, one pot recipe for when you don’t feel like spending hours baking and doing dishes, but need a special treat.
This slice is very similar to my Hedgehog Slice but a lot more time-consuming if you are making the Homemade Marshmallows, or save it for when you are making marshmallow as that’s what I do and then it is very quick and easy.
I came up with this recipe after making the homemade marshmallow and cutting them into shapes, I had a lot of leftover marshmallow scraps and I did not want to waste them (I hate wasting anything)
This slice is very fudgy and quite rich and I would only suggest this for very special treats.
It’s the perfect slice to make ahead of time for birthday parties to save that last-minute rushing around.
You can omit the biscuits and just use more ground almonds which is what I try to do.
Keep in the fridge for up to a week (if it will last that long!)
Cook time says 1 hour- obviously this is a NO BAKE recipe, this time indicates setting time in the refrigerator.
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup dextrose
- ½ cup cocoa
- 200 grams butter
- 1 cup crushed up sugarfee marie biscuits
- 1 cup ground almonds
- ½ cup chopped nuts ( I use almond and macadamia)
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon pouring cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 20 x 35cm tin with baking paper
- melt butter in a saucepan over a low heat
- Sift in cocoa and dextrose
- Add egg and whisk until well combined and glossy
- Allow to cool slighty
- Add all other ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined
- spread into prepared tin and top with shredded coconut or finely chopped nuts
- Place in fridge to set, around 1 hour