There is something about ice cream that takes you back to your childhood and all those great memories of hot summer days…..
Since becoming sugar free we have been making our own homemade ice cream with my fabulous Ice Cream Machine which makes the whole process so easy and delicious. Our firm favourite being this delicious Sugar Free Vanilla Ice Cream.
But every now and again it’s nice to change things up a bit and this chocolate ice cream satisfies both the chocolate craving and the need for a rich creamy delicious ice cream without all the nasty’s that store brought ice creams contain.
Try the ice cream in our Iced Chocolate or as a Hot Fudge Ice Cream Sundae
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ powdered glucose (we use/recommend Dextrose)
- 1 cup whole milk (not skim or reduced fat)
- 2 cups of pouring cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- small pinch of salt
- In a medium saucepan combine cream, cocoa, milk salt, vanilla and dextrose
- Heat gently over a low heat
- Beat with a whisk or hand mixer until dextrose has dissolved.
- Put in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight
- Stir and then Pour into your ice cream machine and make according to manufacturers directions