These yummy Afghan biscuits are quick and easy and perfect for kids lunchboxes.
My lovely Mum used to do a lot of baking when I was growing up. The days we got off the school bus and Mum told us she had done baking were great! Afghan biscuit’s were always a favorite and still are today.
I have topped my yummy Afghan Biscuits with coconut, only because my children do not like walnuts which you traditionally put on the top of Afghans.
These will keep in a airtight container for up to a week.
Try some of these other real yummy biscuits or cookies Chocolate Chip Cookies, or Sugar Free Gingerbread Men or
Yields Makes about 30 biscuits
Yummy Afghan Biscuits
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 200g butter (softened)
- ½ cup powdered glucose or Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of plain flour
- ¼ cup of almond meal/ground almonds
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 ½ cups of crushed weetbix or cornflakes
- ½ cup powder glucose or icing sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter (softened)
- 1-2 Tbsp boiling water
- 1 Tbsp cocoa (sifted)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/356 F
- Grease or line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and creamy. Sift in the flour and cocoa, then add the ground almonds, crushed weetbix or cornflakes and coconut then stir thoroughly until the mixture is combined.
- Place heaped teaspoonfuls onto a baking tray, squeeze mixture together gently then press lightly with a fork to slightly flatten
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack then ice/frost.
- Icing: Mix icing sugar,cocoa butter and 1 Tbsp boiling water at a time until combined, adding more hot water if necessary until icing is a spreadable consistency. Ice biscuits and top each one with coconut
No Replies to "Yummy Afghan Biscuits"