These vanilla & feijoa muffins are simply delicious.
It’s Feijoa season here in NZ, and although my 2 trees are only producing a handful of lovely tangy fruit, my Mums lovely friend gave me a HUGE bag full !! THANK YOU!!!
I do love feijoas and the sweet tangy flesh scooped straight out of the freshly picked fruit!! Yummy!!! But there are only so many feijoas that myself and my lovely family can eat fresh, so its all about diversity and the options with these fruits are endless…..
This delicious recipe is so versatile you can make it into cupcakes, one large cake or even a loaf, all depending on which you prefer, just pop the mixture into your chosen pan and bake.
Transform these light fluffy muffins into a real yummy cake or cupcakes just by adding your favourite icing/frosting they are super delicious with vanilla & cinnamon icing or cream cheese icing, in fact any icing, or no icing, these are real yummy!!!!
Notes – Baking times @ 170C/338F for 30 minutes for muffins 40 – 50 minutes for a cake or loaf
Vanilla and Feijoa Muffins
Combine the milk, eggs, dextrose, yoghurt ,softened butter, feijoas,vanilla and almond extracts in your food processor and blend until smooth
Sift the flour baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a separate bowl
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
Fold together until just combined (do not overmix)
Pour the mixture into your greased pans and bake at 170 c for 30 minutes
- Wet Ingredients
- 3\4 Cup Milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1\4 cup of dextrose (or any sugar of your choice)
- 1 cup of mashed feijoas
- 120g butter (softened)
- 1\4 cup of vanilla or plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1\4 teaspoon almond extract
- Dry Ingredients
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 170C/338F
- Combine all of the wet ingredients in your food processor and blend until smooth
- Sift all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and then pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold through (do not overmix)
- Grease a muffin, cupcake or cake pan
- for muffins or cupcakes fill to about 3\4 full or to the top of the pan if you like the "muffin top" look
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for 30 mins for cupcakes or muffins and 40 -50 for cake