These vanilla cookies are so quick and easy and perfect for a yummy treat.
It is the school holidays here in New Zealand and it has pretty much rained for the entire two weeks that the kids have been off school!
It actually has been quite nice though and we have just been mucking around playing board games and the children are finally old enough to watch the Harry Potter movies.
We ended up watching all of them over the series of the holidays! It was really nice the whole family sitting down and enjoying the same movie, although the kids were a bit disappointed that there are no more to watch!!
So with no more movies to watch in the afternoons the kids decided they wanted to do baking and these Vanilla cookies are easy enough for them to do by themselves.
We divided the mixture into two and made one lot plain vanilla and the other lot we made cinnamon, both were just as yummy as the other, ginger would also be delicious.
We used powdered glucose, but if you are not fructose free then just use sugar.
Check out these other cookie recipes Chocolate Chip Cookies or Double Chocolate Cookies
Yields about 35 cookies
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter,very soft, but not melted
- 1 1/2 cups powdered glucose or white sugar
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- (optional choose one)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Preheat your oven to 160C/320F
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with a hand held beater or stand mixer together until smooth and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined
- Sift in the dry ingredients and optional extras if using and mix until a soft dough forms, add more flour if too sticky.
- Using a teaspoon roll dough into balls, and place onto lined baking trays/cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 mins for soft cookies or 15 - 20 for harder cookies
- Cool on a wire rack and then store in an airtight container
The cookies will be very soft when they come out of the oven, but will harden slightly as they cool
No Replies to "Vanilla Cookies"