Delicious crispy Taco bowls, filled with flavorsome meat sauce and lovely fresh salad, this meal is a winner any time of the year.
What I love about this dish is that it is so interchangeable with so many other recipes, depending on the way it is served.
We really enjoy our Mexican food and always have Tortillas in the cupboard, so I generally tend to make a double batch of the mince mixture to have as either these Taco bowls or Chili Con Carne Baskets or have with rice or even make into pies.
Once your mixture is made you pretty much have an instant meal that tastes delicious and full of nutrition.
You can make your Taco bowls whatever size you prefer, these would be great for game day if they were made in mini muffin tins!
25 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 450-500 grams lean beef mince
- 1 large onion
- 2-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup of beef stock
- 1 400g can of red kidney beans or baked beans
- 2-3 cups of chopped vegetables (just use what you have)
- 3 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder (leave out if you don't have it)
- 1/2 tablespoon of mixed herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander/cilantro
- 3 tablespoons of tomato puree or sauce
- Add chili powder to your own taste, start out with a little and keep adding until it is right for you
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- black pepper to taste
- Sour cream to serve
- red onion
- Your favorite grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease 6 individual pie dished or any baking dish you have to make a bowl shape with the tortilla.
- Microwave tortillas on high in 15-second bursts, until pliable. Carefully place in prepared holes, shaping to form a cup. Bake 5- 10 minutes, or until golden
- Remove from oven.
- Stand in trays 5 minutes to cool and firm then transfer to a wire rack.
- In a medium sized stock pot or large fry pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic until soft.
- Add beef mince, cook and stir until meat is nicely browned.
- Add in all other ingredients except vegetables and kidney beans
- Cover and simmer
- Place your vegetables into a food processor and blitz until very finely chopped then add to the chili con carne mix
- Cover and simmer for 30 - 45 minutes
- 15 minutes before serving stir through kidney beans
- spoon desired amount into Taco bowls
- Serve with your desired amount of chopped salad ingredients, sour cream and top with grated cheese
No Replies to "Tasty Taco Bowls"