Sugar free satay sauce, quick and easy to put together and tastes great. Minus all the rubbish that store brought sauces contain.
Satay sauce was another sauce that we used to use on a regular basis before we were sugar free. We always had it for pizza night, our favourite creation was our Satay chicken Pizza
We also knew it would have sugar in it (all bottles sauces seem to) so when we became sugar free out it went!
There was NO WAY we were going to not have our Satay Chicken Pizza ever again so homemade sugar free satay sauce it was going to be.
Notes – If you want to make a bigger batch, just double or even triple the recipe and keep it in the fridge, just warm it slightly as it goes firm once in the fridge.
- 1 tablespoon sugar free hoisin sauce
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon hot sauce (optional depending on how hot you like things)
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- juice of half a lemon
- coconut milk or water to thin to desired consistency (about ½ cup)
- Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until peanut butter has soften and whisk until everything is throughly combined and smooth, add more coconut milk as required.