These Sugar free pancakes and so fluffy and delicious you can happily serve them up to even the most die hard pancakes fans.
These sugar free pancakes are loved in our house, we don’t tend to have them often, but are saved for special occasions. these are what my daughter asks for every birthday for breakfast and would have them most weekends if she was allowed too!!!
They are quick easy and so yummy, very light and fluffy, just as a pancake should be.
We love them with blueberries and rice malt syrup with a small bit of butter between the layers finished off with a sprinkling of dextrose YUUUUMMMMYYY
Decadent Hot Fudge Sauce drizzled over the pancakes would be amazing if you like chocolate with your pancakes, I just prefer blueberries!
Notes – make mini pancakes for lunchbox snacks
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon Dextrose
- 3 teaspoons melted butter
- 1½ cups milk (warmed)
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, Sift flour and baking powder together, then stir in dextrose, and mix to combine
- In another bowl add the melted butter, then the warmed milk and vanilla extract
- whisk the egg and pour into butter and milk (to save on dishes use the same cup or bowl to heat milk, melt butter and whisk egg)
- using a hand held mixer or whisk, Beat butter, milk, egg and vanilla until well combined
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix with a handheld beater,fork, spoon or whisk, until smooth
- If the mixture seems a bit thick, just thin slightly with a touch more milk (you want the mixture on the thicker side rather than too runny
- Heat a fry pan over medium heat and melt ½ teaspoon of butter or coconut oil and wipe off excess with a absorbent paper towel
- Using a ¼ measuring cup, fill ¾ full with mixture and pour into fry pan
- Cook until bubbles appear on the first side, flip and cook until golden
- Repeat until all your mixture is used up
- Serve with your favourite toppings and enjoy!,