Sugarfree Brownie, who doesn’t love a good brownie and we are no exception, everyone likes their brownie a little different, we are into the dense, fudgy, full of chocolatey flavour.
Baking plays a very important role in the success of any brownie, over cook it and your beautiful brownie is turned into a dry cakey disaster.
Because of this you will want to make sure the brownie is still gooey in the middle when you take it out of the oven as it continues to firm up as it is cooling down. Bearing that in mind, please keep an eye on it towards the last 10 minutes or so of cooking as every oven is different, and I would hate you to be disappointed with an overcooked brownie.
We love our brownie with whipped cream or whipped coconut cream as a decadent treat.
Substituting the flour for ground almonds is delicious and even healthy, so maybe you can indulge in more than just one!
I sometimes add macadamia nuts or frozen raspberries to the brownie mix both are delicious.
- Makes 16 larger or 25 smaller brownies
- 150 grams butter
- 1¼ cups (250 grams) dextrose
- ¾ cup cocoa powder (natural or Dutch-process)
- 60 grams dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (use self raising if you like more of a cakey brownie)
- ¼ of your favourite chopped nuts or chocolate pieces (optional)
- preheat the oven to 150 Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and . Line the bottom and sides of an 8×8-inch square baking pan with baking/parchment paper
- Combine the butter, sugar, cocoa, in a medium saucepan and heat on very low, stiring until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add in the dark chocolate and stir until melted and thoroughly combined
- Stir in the vanilla
- Add the eggs one at a time, stirring vigorously after each one.
- Beat until the mixture looks thick and shiny
- Add the flour and stir until everything is incorporated
- Stir in the extra chocolate and nuts, if using.
- Spread evenly in your lined pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, depending on your oven (you want the middle to still be slightly gooey when you remove it from the oven as it will continue to cook as it cools down, so keep an eye on it and check it in the last 10 minutes of cooking
- cool on a wire rack.