This delicious slow cooker oatmeal/Porridge cooks all night in the slow cooker, ready for a hot breakfast the next morning when you wake up. Perfect for those Winter mornings.
My kids love this version, I think the long slow cooking really brings out the creaminess of the oats.
This recipe can be adapted to suit any tastes and you can add in as many extras as your like. My kids prefer the simple version, pouring cream and Rice Malt Syrup drizzled over top finished off with a sprinkling of cinnamon, YUMMY!
Try these other overnight breakfast ideas Apple Crumble Overnight Oats or Overnight Oats & Berry Parfait or Blueberry Overnight Oats
Slow Cooker Oatmeal
Slow cooker creamy oatmeal, what better way to start your day!
Serves: 2 servings
- ½ Cup coarse Oats (steel cut)
- 2 cups water, or milk of your choice ( cow's, almond, coconut, soy etc)
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups extra water for slow cooker
- Add no more than 2 tablespoons total of any of the following
- wheat germ,
- chopped dried fruits
- finely chopped nuts
- Combine oats, liquid of your choice and salt in a oven proof dish with lid,
- If adding "extras" add them now
- place 2- 3 cups of cold water into your slow cooker
- Put the lid on your dish and place into the slow cooker
- Just before you go to bed turn your slow cooker onto low and cook all night
- In the morning stir and serve into bowls and top with your favourite toppings such as pouring cream, maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, fruit, what ever you like
No Replies to "Slow Cooker Oatmeal/Porridge"