These banana muffins have become a regular on a school morning when I have old bananas to use up.
Because they are so quick and easy, I whip them up in the morning when I get up and the children have fresh baked muffins to have in their lunchboxes.
The ingredients are simple and few, making this recipe a must for when you need to whip up something quickly.
You can drizzle with a glaze if you wish, which is just a mixture of 1/2 tablespoon powdered glucose and 1 tablespoon of water add until desired consistency is reached.
You could also try these delicious banana muffins
Yields 12 muffins
Quick Easy Banana Muffins
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 cups plain or self-raising flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder if using plain flour, or 2 if using self-raising
- 3/4 cup powdered glucose or caster sugar
- 100gs butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1-2 old mashed bananas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 200 C/392 F
- Mix the dry ingredients together, Mix well - You do not need to sift.
- In another bowl mix the wet ingredients together until thoroughly combined
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet mixture.
- Gently fold together. It is ok if the mixture looks lumpy. A smooth mixture means you’ve overbeaten and knocked all the air out
- Place mixture into the prepared muffin tins all the way to the top and bake immediately.
- As soon as you put your muffins in the oven, reduce the temp to 180C/356F and bake for 15 -20 minutes or until the centers spring back when pressed
Best eaten the day they are made
No Replies to "Quick Easy Banana Muffins"