I don’t know about you, but in our house weekday mornings are such a rush, trying to get everyone ready and organised in time to get out the door. We get up at a decent time and seem to have all the time in the world and then suddenly it’s a mad rush
Therefore, in an effort to not have such a rushed morning, because that is NEVER a great way to start your day, I have start turning to the overnight Oats, soaked granola, activated nuts, what ever you want to call them!
The quick easy ideas are endless and look so delicious, it’s almost like having dessert for breakfast, but it’s REALLY good for you! now WHO would not love that!!!
Sometimes when I write-up these “recipes” I feel like a bit of a fraud, because they are hardly recipes, more ideas.
Yet I only recently discovered how important it is to soak oat and nuts before eating them, to make it easier for our bodies to digest, I won’t go into the science, there are numerous articles online if you would like more info or just let me know and I can help you out.
Try these other delicious quick breakfast ideas
- ½ cup granola or muesli or oats
- ½ cup berries(fresh or frozen) or chia seed jam
- ½ cup of your favourite milk
- ½ cup of your favourite yoghurt
- dusting of cinnamon, optional
- Place granola, oats or muesli in a bowl and pour over milk, put in the fridge overnight
- Place your berries in another bowl and blitz them with a stick blender until sauce like, put in fridge overnight
- In the morning assemble your parfait, by layering first your granola, then yoghurt then berry sauce.
- Finish up with a dusting of cinnamon
- Recipe is for 1 large parfait, double the recipe for more