We love iced drinks in our house, I have always loved iced coffees and in the summer we have one most days (minus the whipped cream).
My daughter had a friend over at the weekend and Ava (my 9 year old) asked if I could make them a iced chocolate, (it’s always nice to have a treat when the kids have friends over)
So we whipped up three iced chocolate for all the children and they were so happy, my 5 year old asked if he could have another one once he had finished!
We often make the chocolate mix just as a chocolate milk, so it was an extra special treat to have it topped with whipped cream and chocolate syrup.
The amount for the chocolate syrup can be increased depending on how many you are needing to make.
Chocolate Milkshake Syrup Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons of cocoa
- 2 Tablespoons of powdered glucose (we use/recommend Dextrose)
- 1/4 cup of water
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over a low heat, stirring until everything is thoroughly combined and smooth (you may need to sift your cocoa)
This amount will make 4 iced chocolate drinks
You can also just make a big batch and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks as a quick healthier version of chocolate milkshake syrup.
Try these other delicious drinks
- 3 Tablespoons sugar free chocolate milkshake syrup (see post for recipe)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- whipped cream (optional)
- 1 scoop of ice cream (optional)
- Place your ice in your chosen glass
- Pour over the sugar free chocolate milkshake syrup
- Pour in the milk
- Stir until well combined
- if you are using ice cream you will want to reduce the amount of milk to around ½ Cup
- top with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate milkshake syrup (optional)