Fresh healthy and delicious, these hoisin chicken rice paper rolls make an ideal healthy meal that everyone will enjoy.
Since becoming sugar free I have found it very hard at times to still enjoy some of my favourite meals as some of the ingredients are LOADED with sugar, like hoisin and oyster sauce, one brand of hoisin sauce I looked at just for interests sake was over 70% sugar, now that is CRAZY!!
You think you are cooking a healthy vegetable loaded nutritious meal and then all your hard work is undone with a few ingredients. So I have had to start making my own sauces, and some people (I used to be one of them) are probably thinking “Ain’t NOBODY got time for that”
Some of the recipes do take a bit of extra time and some are really quick and easy but the benefit of not consuming all that sugar, for me, certainly makes up for it!
These hoisin chicken rice paper rolls feel fresh and light and very yummy, I could eat soooo many of them and I’m so proud that yet again I manage to sneak so many vegetables into this dish and still the kids (9 & 5) love them!!! yah
I find the actual chicken & veggie mix very versatile and sometimes my 5 year old wants it with rice or noodles, we also, for variety use lettuce leaves instead of the rice paper. Which ever way you decide to have them I hope you find them as delicious as we do.
You will find our homemade Sugar free Hoisin Sauce here.
Serve with your favourite dipping sauce or tray our sugar free sweet chilli sauce or Sugar Free Satay Sauce.
- 1 packet of rice paper rolls
- 400 grams chicken mince
- 3 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 onion finely diced
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 spring onions
- 1 cup finely chopped mixed vegetables (I use cauliflower, broccoli, carrot, leafy greens etc)
- coriander/cilantro to serve (optional)
- In a large fry pan gently cook onion and garlic (do not brown)
- Add chicken mince and heat until fully cooked
- In a bowl combine hoisin, soy, vinegar and ginger,
- stir to thoroughly combine and add to chicken mixture
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for a further 5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- Soften rice paper rolls as per instructions on package
- Place spoonful amounts meat mixture on the rice paper top with coriander/cilantro and roll up
- serve with your favourite dipping saue