These healthy burger patties are a favourite in our house, they are moist and juicy, thanks to the breadcrumbs soaked in yoghurt and packed full of healthy vegetables, and are so delicious even the fussiest of eaters will love these (my son loves these and he is extremely fussy!)
I know that some people like their burger patties with nothing but ground beef, but I am always looking at trying to get more nutritious vegetables into every meal and these are certainly a delicious way to do so.
They are great on their own with just a yummy dipping sauce or as meatballs or go all the out and construct your best burger.
Weekends are normally “takeway nights” and since being sugar free, we always make the “takeaways” ourselves it’s either pizza night or Build A Burger Night , which is awesome, the whole family is involved, and everyone custom makes their own pizza or burger, exactly how we want to, the kids are pretty proud of their creations .
Notes – I like to make the mixture the night before or in the morning, to give the flavours a chance to really intensify.
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons natural probiotic yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 450 - 500 grams beef or lamb mince
- 1½ cups variety of finely chopped mixed vegetables (a food processor is good for this)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Put all ingredients into a large bowl and mix until very well combined.
- roll spoonfuls of mixture in balls and flatten to create patties, refrigerate until required
- When you are ready to use remove from fridge and either pan fry or bake in the oven
4 Replies to "Healthy Burger Patties"
Anonymous August 25, 2016 (12:33 pm)
Healthy Burger Patties - Yum Goggle August 11, 2016 (4:02 am)
kalamitykelli August 11, 2016 (4:00 am)
Amanda August 11, 2016 (9:32 am)