Double chocolate cookies, perfect with a large glass of milk! The kids wanted to do some baking in the weekend, so we settled on one of Will’s (my 5 year old) favourites, Chocolate chip cookies. I let the kids do it all themselves, they each had a bowl and made their own batch of cookies.
We decided because we had a double batch to change things up a bit, so we added some cocoa,some rice malt syrup and a bit more butter and we had ourselves a batch of Double Chocolate Cookies.
Of course the kids wanted one of each in their lunchboxes for school the next day.
- 140g softened butter
- ¾ cup powdered glucose (we use/recommend dextrose)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons rice malt syrup
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1½ cup plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugarfree chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 150C
- Beat butter until creamy
- Add dextrose and vanilla and mix well
- Add egg and mix until just combined
- Sift four, cocoa & baking soda and add to mix
- add chocolate chips
- mix until everything is thoroughly combined,
- then knead with your hands until the mixture forms a soft dough.
- Get spoonful amounts and roll into balls
- Place on a lined baking tray and slightly flatten with the back of a fork (dust in flour if it sticks)
- cook for about 12 -15 mins until just starting to colour on the bottom