These sugarfree Cinnamon Cream muffins are very yummy, you can make them plain, but the cream just elevates them to a whole other level.
Cinnamon Cream Muffins
- 75g butter, softened
- ½ cup dextrose
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ½ cup whole milk, warmed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ rounded teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 160C (350F). Lightly grease mini muffin pans.
- combine butter and softened butter in a bowl,
- using a hand mixer or stand mixer beat butter and dextrose until pale and creamy
- Add egg, milk and vanilla, and beat until well combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and flour.
- sift dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until just combined; do not overmix.
- The mixture will be pretty thick at this stage and this is how it is supposed to be so don't worry
- Spoon mixture in muffin pans filling each about half full.