These no bake chocolate bliss balls are pure decadence. They are rich, sweet and chocolatey, hence they are a special treat that we reserve for birthdays and Christmas.
I have had this recipe since I was a teenage and always loved it, although if I used icing sugar now, as the original recipe called for, I know I would find it overwhelming sickly.
Since we all loved these so much and at Christmas you certainly don’t want to feel like you are missing out on all those lovely little treats we all seem to have at that time of year, I adapted it!
The mixture is quick and easy to whip up, it just takes a bit of time rolling numerous little balls. When I am in a hurry I just press the mixture into a slice tin and then cut into bite sized pieces once it has set. Saves ALOT of time!
This recipe makes ALOT, so feel free to halve it if you require smaller quantities.
Bake time says 30 minutes, obviously this recipe is no bake, this time is setting time in the fridge.
Try these other yummy recipes Healthy Bounty Balls or Healthy Energy Balls
- 100grams of softened butter (not Melted)
- 2-3 Tablespoons of cocoa
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup dextrose
- ¾ cup ground almonds (optional)
- 2 teaspoons coffee (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of your favourite liqueur (optional)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup chia seeds
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a large bowl until thoroughly combined
- Roll into balls or press into lined slice tray
- Roll in either coconut or chia seeds
- Put in fridge for half an hour and enjoy.