These carrot cake overnight oats are another fantastic way to help you get those servings of fruits and vegetable in a delicious way.
Also you will never even know that there are carrots in these oats. It tastes exactly like you’ve snuck in and eating Mums carrot cake mixture after she left it unattended for a moment!!! Cake mixture for Breakfast?? What??
Who agrees with me that often the mixture for cakes and cookies tastes better than the cooked product, although I love the finished product too. It’s just something about mixture that takes you back to your childhood, helping Mum and being able to lick the mixture out of the bowl or off the spatula.
I always remember wanting my mum to leave the shortbread mixture in the fridge rather than baking it all. Soooooo Gooooood!!
As a result you have a delicious stress free breakfast. What a fabulous way to start your day, with something so nutritious with no rushing around.
If you don’t want to layer the overnight oats( which is mainly to look pretty) just mix it all together and place in the fridge overnight. I also love to make this with my homemade muesli instead of plain oats.
Notes – if you don’t want to use the coconut cream or don’t have any just use yoghurt
This recipes serves 2, just half it for 1
Try these other delicious overnight breakfast recipes Blueberry Overnight Oats or Apple Crumble Overnight Oats
- ½ cup rolled oats or homemade muesli
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup of your prefered milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup grated carrot
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg, ground
- ¼ tsp ginger, fresh if possible otherwise ground
- pinch cloves, ground
- ¾ cup of natural yoghurt or coconut cream
- In a blender, combine all ingredients excluding yoghurt or coconut cream, and mix until well combined
- Let sit in the fridge overnight covered (or at least a few hours).
- if using coconut cream, Place can of upside down in the fridge overnight
- In the morning turn the can the right way up ( do not shake)
- open the can of coconut milk/cream and pour off the liquid and set aside
- Scoop out the hardened coconut cream
- Whisk cream until thoroughly mixed and creamy
- Alternate layers of oats and yoghurt or cream and serve