Caramelized Onion & Feta Tart …. YUMMY….Delicious sweet Caramelized Onions with sun dried tomatoes and creamy Feta, topped off with thyme and baby rocket or kale this tart is a sure winner for lunch or a light dinner.
Arhhhhh yes the flavours of the Mediterranean, I was lucky enough when I was younger, before kids and marriage to spend 7 days sailing around the Greek Islands with two friends, the food at all the local tavernas was amazing! We would sail in and moor the yacht, generally directly outside the tavern then indulge in traditional Greek food, it was fabulous.
It’s dishes like this that transport me back to the Mediterranean where I am sitting outside in the beautiful sunshine overlooking a beautiful coastline or a watching the yachts bobbing around in the glistening water.
I really love these types of dishes because you can add or omit anything you like or don’t like. You can make your own pastry or just use store brought.
Notes – if you like olives add around 1/4 cup prior to cooking
- 1 -2 sheet puff pastry
- 1 cup caramelized onions
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes
- ½ cup feta
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme or 1 fresh sprig
- ¼ baby spinach or kale (optional)
- place pastry on your baking tray and roll up the sides to make a small boarder around the outside
- spread 1-2 tablespoons of the feta over the pastry base
- top with the caramelized onions
- then the rest of your feta, sundried tomatoes and thyme
- bake in the oven as per instructions on your pastry
- Once cooked sprinkle with your choice of baby greens or serve with a side salad
No Replies to "Caramelized Onion & Feta Tart"