This refreshing Beetroot & Berry Sorbet is not only refreshing on a hot day, it is also good for you, with the addition of the ginger and beetroot.
It can taste a little ‘earthy” because of the beetroot so if you are not a beetroot fan, use less or omit altogether.
You can make this as one big lot of sorbet or make into popicles, just the thing when you are trying to beat the heat and so much better for you than sugar laden ice blocks !!
It will go rock solid if left in the freezer for more than a few hours but will soften up if left on the kitchen bench
- 2 frozen bananas cut into pieces
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 small beetroot
- ½ tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 cup almond milk
- Place all ingredients into food processor or blender and blend until smooth
- if you have an icecream maker, place mixture into machine for around 15-20 mins depending on machine
- If you don't have a icecream maker just pop mixture into freezer proof container and freeze until firm, 1-2 hours if you don't want it solid!! if it does go solid, just leave on the bench to soften and then serve