Sugarfree Baked Cinnamon Donuts warm from the oven and rolled in cinnamon and dextrose!!!! SO GOOD!
Because these cinnamon donuts are baked, they are much better for you than fried donuts and with no refined sugar you can feel just that little bit less guilty as you indulge in one, (or maybe 2)
These baked cinnamon donuts are a family favourite, so delicious straight from the oven and still warm!!!! YUMMY!!
They are a major treat, and soooo yummy, the kids LOVE them, actually we all do!!! (my 5-year-old cried when he ate the last one, so disappointed that there were no more left to eat!!)
As I’ve said, the donuts taste so yummy straight out of the oven, but we have also made sure we do not over indulge and have had donuts left for the next day – still YUMMY!! I put them in the microwave for about 15 seconds just to warm them a little.
My 10-year-old daughter Ava wanted to share her opinion with you…..
hi I’m Ava, My brother,( he’s 5) and I LOVE these scrumptious baked cinnamon doughnuts. I think that these donut’s are moist and cinnamony (I don’t even think that’s a word) and I LOVE cinnamon, so these are definitely one of my favourites.
One day I took a donut to school and my BFF said “owwww you’re so lucky I never get donuts in my lunchbox” I said yeah I am lucky arent I. WARNING WARNING I make a little mess when I eat these (don’t know why?) your kids might too!!!
I’m not a fan of the store-bought donuts and I think that these are great for a treat and a birthday party I would like them with a hot chocolate.
Notes – Try Cinnamon Cream Muffins if you don’t have donut pans, they are just as delicious.
- For the donuts:
- 75g butter, softened
- ¼ cup powdered glucose (we use/recommend dextrose)
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ½ cup whole milk,warmed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ rounded teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- For the coating:
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ -1 cup dextrose
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 160C (350F). Lightly grease two donut pans.
- combine butter and softened butter in a bowl,
- using a hand mixer or stand mixer beat butter and dextrose until pale and creamy
- Add egg, milk and vanilla, and beat until well combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and flour.
- sift dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until just combined; do not overmix.
- The mixture will be pretty thick at this stage and this is how it is supposed to be so don't worry
- Spoon mixture in donut pans filling each cavity about half full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until donuts spring back when lightly touched. Tip the donuts out onto a wire rack.
- While the donuts are baking, melt the butter for the coating.
- In a bag or container with a secure lid, combine cinnamon and dextrose together until completely combined.
- when the donuts have cooled enough to handle, dip each donut in the melted butter, shake off excess butter, then put the donut in the cinnamon-sugar mix and shake to completely coat the donut. shake off excess cinnamon mix
- Store in an airtight container for a day or two, but best eaten within 24 hours. Can be slightly warmed in microwave for a few second to make them feel "fresh" again if older than 2 days old
3 Replies to "Baked Cinnamon Donuts"
10 make ahead breakfast recipes that make school mornings easier. August 23, 2016 (10:00 pm)
Belleava August 14, 2016 (12:48 pm)
Amanda August 14, 2016 (12:50 pm)