This is my go to granola or homemade muesli recipe that I use as a base for all of my quick easy breakfasts, it is sooooo much tastier than the store brought ones and I can put in exactly what my family and I like and leave out the rubbish that we don’t like. It takes no time at all we will never buy store brought again!
All the healthy additions such as sunflower, pumpkin and chia seeds, cinnamon and nuts make this such a nutritious start to your day.
Feel free to add dried fruit to your mix once golden, we however do not have dried fruit due to the very concentrated amounts of fructose (sugar) in the drying process Read more about that here
You might think it’s a lot of hassle making your own muesli, but you just throw everything in a bowl and mix together and you’re done. Super healthy with none of the rubbish! I normally make a double batch in the weekend and then it lasts us around 2 or 3 weeks
If you cannot tolerate oats then just substitute more coconut and nuts.
You can toast or leave natural the choice is yours, we prefer the flavour that the toasting gives the muesli
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups mixed nuts I use almond, brazil, walnuts,
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pepitas/pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 -2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup chia seeds
- Chop all the nuts roughly,
- Then add all ingredients except chia seeds to a large bowl
- Stir well to combine
- place in a baking tray and bake in the over for 30 minutes turning the granola mix at least once
- once golden, leave to cool and add chia seeds
No Replies to "Homemade Muesli"