These meatballs are truly delicious and so moist, thanks to the combination of mixed minced meats, breadcrumbs soaked in milk or yoghurt and the addition of nutritious vegetables.
My main objective in most of the meals we eat, is to pack in as much nutritional goodness as I can, and the addition of the vegetables in this recipe is no exception and it is such a great way to eat your vegetables and children will eat WAY more than they would if you had all the individual vegetables on their plate.
This recipe is one of my kids favourites, my son loves them by themselves but the rest of us prefer to serve them as a complete meal and make spaghetti & meatballs using this tomato sauce recipe
However you decide to have them you can be assured that you are providing a healthy and nutritious meal that the whole family can enjoy.
You can make these with just one type of meat the result will be slightly different though
- 500g Beef Mince
- 500g Pork Mince
- 2 eggs
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 finely diced onion (sautéed)
- 1 cup grated or finely processed vegetables (use what you have and what you like)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 11/2 tablespoons Italian herbs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 F
- Mix bread crumbs and milk or natural yoghurt and set aside
- finely chop onion and garlic and lightly sauté
- Combine Beef Mince, Pork Mince, eggs, garlic, onion, vegetable, parmesan cheese and Italian herbs.
- Add breadcrumbs and milk
- Mix until everything is very well combined ( use hands if necessary)
- Roll into balls place on prepared baking tray and refridgerate until required or cook for 30 minutes at 350 F