OH MY GOD, these Cinnamon Rolls are simply sinful, sticky and super delicious!
Granted these Cinnamon Rolls do take a lot of time waiting for dough to rise and rest, but hardy takes any effort if you have a bread maker.
Simply put the ingredients in the bread maker and then go about your day until it is time to roll out your dough, sprinkle with filling, then let the lovely puffy doughy cinnamon rolls rise or double in size anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour and then it’s time to put them in the oven and wait with salivating mouth as the sweet cinnamon aromas fill your kitchen!
You don’t have to have the cream cheese drizzle, but it does elevate these cinnamon rolls to the next level of delicious!
if you like cinnamon check out these other Real Yummy recipes using cinnamon: Cinnamon Swirl Cupcakes or Baked Cinnamon Donuts or Cinnamon Cream Muffins or even Pumpkin Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
I often invert my baking dish once the rolls have finished cooking, so that if any gooey sugar cinnamon mix has leaked out then it drips down and recoats the rolls
Happy baking and I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
2 hrPrep Time
25 minCook Time
2 hr, 25 Total Time
- 2 and ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons sugar or dextrose
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 and ¼ teaspoons yeast
- ½ cup water (warm)
- 1/2 cup milk (warm)
- 2 Tablespoons butter (Melted)
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tablespoons butter Melted
- 2.5 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup (optional)
- 3/4 cup of sugar (white or brown) or dextrose
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar or dextrose
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tablespoons water, milk or coffee
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- Add all the dough ingredients to your bread maker in the order specified in your users manual (mine is all wet ingredients first, but I know others are dry first, then wet)
- program to DOUGH setting
- Once you dough is finished, preheat your oven to 90 C/195 F sprinkle a little extra flour on your bench to roll out your dough into a rectangle ending with a thickness of roughly 1cm
- pour over the melted butter and spread evenly around with a pastry brush
- If using Rice Malt Syrup heat with butter when you melt it
- Combine sugar with cinnamon in a bowl and mix well. (set aside 1 Tablespoon of this mix to put in the bottom of your baking pan)
- sprinkle evenly over melted butter
- roll up your dough tightly from the long side, cut into 1.5 inch sized rolls
- brush a 1 inch strip at the edge of your dough once you have almost finished rolling up your dough, this makes the edge stick and looks tidy once cooked
- Brush your tray with butter and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of your sugar/cinnamon mix
- Place your cut rolls into your prepared pan about an inch or more apart
- Turn off your oven and place your covered tray of rolls in to rest for 30mins or up to 1 hour
- Take rolls out of the oven and preheat oven to 175 C/347 F
- Keep rolls covered with foil as you bake them for 20-30 minutes depending on your oven
- Combine all the drizzle ingredients and mix well until smooth, drizzle over warm rolls
No Replies to "Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Drizzle"