These Avocado Egg Rolls are not your typical Egg Roll as I have trouble finding egg roll wrappers!!
We have not had these much this year as avocado prices in New Zealand went through the roof, you could pay up to $6.00 for one not so big avocado!!! crazy!!
We have always loved guacamole and these rolls are basically guacamole rolled into wraps coated in egg and pan-fried in butter or coconut oil – YUMMY
We generally have these for a light dinner, but they would make great finger food or snacks when you have guests.
Notes – Omit the cayenne or chilli if you don’t like spicy.
Avocado Egg Rolls
These Avocado Egg Rolls are basically guacamole rolled into wraps coated in egg and pan fried in butter or coconut oil - YUMMY
Serves: serves 2
- 3 tortilla wraps
- 2 avocados
- ¼ cup red onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 1 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- juice of half a lime
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne or chilli powder or ½ fresh red chilli (optional)
- 1 egg
- mash avocado with a fork
- finely chop your tomatoes, red onion and coriander( cilantro), crush garlic
- Add all of the above as well as lime, salt and cayenne or chilli (if using) to mashed avocado
- mix until very well combined
- beat an egg and tip into a shallow container suitable for dipping your wrap in to coat with egg
- cut your wraps into 10cm wide strips and put spoonfuls of mixture in the centre of each strip
- fold over both edges to completely cover the avocado mix.
- carefully dip you roll into the beaten egg and then pan fry until golden
No Replies to "Avocado Egg Rolls"