These Avocado Egg Rolls are not your typical Egg Roll as I have trouble finding egg roll wrappers!!
We have not had these much this year as avocado prices in New Zealand went through the roof, you could pay up to $6.00 for one not so big avocado!!! crazy!!
We have always loved guacamole and these rolls are basically guacamole rolled into wraps coated in egg and pan-fried in butter or coconut oil – YUMMY
We generally have these for a light dinner, but they would make great finger food or snacks when you have guests.
Notes – Omit the cayenne or chilli if you don’t like spicy.
- 3 tortilla wraps
- 2 avocados
- ¼ cup red onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 1 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- juice of half a lime
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne or chilli powder or ½ fresh red chilli (optional)
- 1 egg
- mash avocado with a fork
- finely chop your tomatoes, red onion and coriander( cilantro), crush garlic
- Add all of the above as well as lime, salt and cayenne or chilli (if using) to mashed avocado
- mix until very well combined
- beat an egg and tip into a shallow container suitable for dipping your wrap in to coat with egg
- cut your wraps into 10cm wide strips and put spoonfuls of mixture in the centre of each strip
- fold over both edges to completely cover the avocado mix.
- carefully dip you roll into the beaten egg and then pan fry until golden